(12 – 18 Years)
(12 – 18 Years)
Hold on everyone, it could get a little bumpy. What comes to mind when we mention teenagers? Surly, moody creatures who fly off the handle at any given moment? Young adults who isolate themselves, and suddenly keep secrets? The adolescent years can be tough for sure, but imagine how it is for your child. Their bodies have gone haywire and their brains are undergoing a massive renovation. But it’s also an ESSENTIAL time to begin strengthening those neural pathways that will have life-long benefits.
This is an 8-week program designed to empower young people in secondary school to better manage the issues that they face in everyday life. Aiming to provide life-long tools in each session we focus on the following:
- The importance of establishing a gratitude practice
- Strategies for coping with anxiety, stress and depression
- Body awareness and connection
- Empathy, compassion and resilience
- Building upon foundations for emotional intelligence
- How to own our own emotions and not project them on to others
- Healthy body – Healthy mind
- Self- care and self-respect
- Managing relationships
- Setting boundaries
- Time management
- How to breathe deeply to maximise the benefits
- Meditation and all it’s amazing benefits
- Positive self-esteem
Through arts, music and movement, games, affirmations, strategies and techniques, this program has the ability improve mental health, promote a positive self-image, prevent bullying, and empower teens to understand the impact they have on their families, their wider communities and the planet.
This program strives to create wonderful connections for teenagers to enable them to feel safe to be open and share. With this in mind, your child’s commitment to the program is essential. Please contact Trinity Kids prior to enrolment, if your teen is unable to attend the full 8-week program.